The following is some important information about using our service for connecting gas and electricity to new home:
How long does it take to connect gas and electricity?
- Connecting gas and electricity when moving house can take up to 5 days, or up to 21 days if you need a new meter installed. Make sure you contact us in plenty of time so that your utilities will be connected in time for your moving date.
- If you need a same day electricity and gas connection, contact us immediately. There may be fees of up to $400 payable for an urgent connection, depending on your distributor. Read more here: Distributor and same day electricity and gas connection fees.
- If the power isn’t on in the specified time when connecting gas and electricity to new homes, please contact us within 24 hours for an update.
How much does an electricity and gas connection cost?
- Depending on your distributor and retailer, there may be a one-off connection fee. Read more here: Fees for connecting gas and electricity when moving house.
- To connect electricity and gas on weekends and public holidays will incur extra fees.
How to avoid delays when you connect electricity and gas
- You must provide us with all the correct details- street address, move-in date, location of meter, and NMI (national meter identifier) and MIRN for Gas. Failure to do so will result in delays and issues with connecting gas and electricity when moving house.
- Ensure you have taken care of any outstanding bills as failure to do could result in your new service request being denied when connecting gas and electricity to new homes.
- Under 2021 Victorian legislation all rental properties must have gas safety checks. These are to ensure no gas is leaking, which causes carbon monoxide. Make sure these checks have been done before connecting electricity and gas to rental property.