Our 100% free moving services do so much more than just moving electricity connections. Our team also offers comparison services, so that whether you are a new or existing customer, we can compare electricity plans and find a cheaper one for you from our panel of preferred providers.
We recommend comparing energy plans every 12 months, to make sure you are on the best new electricity plan. Your Move-In Connect expert will discuss your electricity needs, including:
- Electricity tariffs – single rate tariff vs Time of Use (ToU)
- Special offers and discounts
- Fixed-term vs no lock-in contracts
- Bundles including electricity, gas and internet
- Controlled load tariffs
- Demand tariffs
- Solar feed-in tariffs (FiT) and solar rebates
- Fixed vs variable rate contracts
You should also be aware of the following important information to make sure your move goes off without a hitch.
- Electricity connection for new houses on weekends and public holidays incur extra fees.
- If your new electricity connection hasn’t happened on time, please contact the energy provider.
- If there is a fault with the electricity connection for new houses, such as severe storms or damage to power poles, please contact the electricity distributor.
- You must provide us with all the correct details- street address, move-in date location, NMI (national meter identifier) & MIRN (Meter Identification Reference Number). Failure to do so will result in delays and issues when moving electricity connections.
- Ensure you have taken care of any outstanding bills as failure to do so could result in issues with your new electricity connection in some states, such as South Australia.