Move house without the hassle! Professional moving services are here to help
Plan, plan, plan! It’s the only way to make sure your next move goes off without a hitch, but the secret is, that you don’t have to do the planning all by yourself. There is a range of local moving and storage services to hold your hand every step of the way!
This page will help you identify the best local moving companies, including moving house storage and commercial moving services, so whether you are moving your home or business, you can do it all without losing any sleep!
On this page
- What do professional moving services do?
- How do I find the best moving companies and most affordable moving companies near me?
- Commercial moving services
- Will a local moving service connect my utilities?
What do professional moving services do?
The best moving services will do everything for you, so all you have to do is turn up at your new house with the keys. However, as you would expect, there are different costs involved with different levels of service, so you need to consider your budget when you decide how much you want your local moving service to do for you.
A local moving and storage company will offer some, or all, of the below:
- Supply packing materials – save time and money by letting your movers supply moving boxes, packing tape, packing paper, bubble wrap, furniture blankets, and padding to keep your belonging safe and organized on moving day.
- Pack up your current home – if you have ever packed up a home, you will know the stress! It’s time-consuming and repetitive, and usually done with a tight deadline! The best local moving companies can do this for you with a team of trained packers who can box up your belongings in a fraction of the time. You can also rest assured that your fragile and valuable items have been secured by professionals.
- Disassemble furniture – if you have large, bulky or heavy furniture, it’s best to leave it to a professional! Trained movers can disassemble, or partially disassemble furniture as required to make sure it reaches your new home in perfect condition.
- Moving truck loading and unloading – this is generally the service offered by all removalists, even the ones offering the most basic service. Movers will load and unload all your items and should have safety equipment to handle all those heavy boxes with ease.
- Transport and moving house storage – if you are moving locally, transport is a relatively small and inexpensive part of your move. However, if you are moving interstate your movers will safely drive your belongings huge distances, which will come with a cost. They can also arrange a moving house storage service for your belongings, either short or long-term, while you make your way to your new home.
- Unpacking your new home – imagine the luxury of walking into your new home to find your kitchen unpacked, your electronics set up, and your clothes neatly in the drawers! Full-service removalists will do all that for you.
- Removing packing materials – moving makes a lot of mess and creates a lot of waste. Your movers can remove all your packing material and make sure it is properly disposed of, including recycling and reusing appropriate items.
So, if it’s part of a move, there’s a moving service that can take care of it! But remember, the more they do, the more you will pay, so it can be cost-effective to tackle some of it yourself if you have the time and the motivation.
Commercial moving services
If you are relocating your office space or business premises, the best moving services for you will be a company that specializes in business moves.
Full-service for moving house storage with professional moving services offer the same services as residential movers (see the list above), but they have expertise in business items such as computers, printers, other technology, and office furniture.
Commercial moving services will often have a bigger team of movers and more trucks to get the job done efficiently.
How do I find the best moving companies and most affordable moving companies near me?
To find the best local moving companies, a great place to start is the internet. Look for affordable moving companies near me and pay attention to their ratings and customer reviews. A simple Google or Facebook search will bring you plenty of options.
You should consider your budget and look for a company that offers the level of service that matches what you want to pay. You can usually talk to the supplier to negotiate a price based on how much work you do yourself. It’s worth remembering that if they charge by the hour, you might actually slow them down if you intend to load the truck yourself!
Alternatively, let the experts at Move In Connect do the work for you! We have sourced a panel of preferred suppliers so we can recommend only the best moving companies, and we can even book them for you. In the same phone call, we can also arrange your cleaners, electricity, gas, internet, and Pay TV with our 100% free moving and comparison service.
Will a local moving service connect my utilities?
Even the best moving services do not include switching your utilities. This requires expert knowledge of the energy market to compare electricity and gas and arrange your new utility connections, new NBN connections, and a Pay TV plan.
Comparing electricity plans can be extremely time-consuming and sometimes overwhelming. The team at Move-In Connect is waiting to help. We will consider your unique energy needs at your new home to compare energy plans with the cheapest options from our panel of preferred suppliers for electricity, gas, phone and internet services, and Pay TV Australia.
Our service is 100% free and we can even find you the best local moving and storage companies and house cleaners at the same time, in one easy phone call.
If you have a move coming up, start with a phone call to Move-In Connect. Our friendly team are waiting to help on 1300 786 045 or enter your details online.