Tangerine Telecom Joins The Move-In Connect Team
We’re excited to welcome Tangerine Telecom to Move-In Connect, to connect you to the cheapest NBN plans when you are moving your broadband. Tangerine has been impressing customers with affordable NBN and stellar customer service since 2013.
Read on to find out why we love Tangerine.
Who is Tangerine?
If you haven’t heard of Tangerine Telecom then you’re missing out! This 100% Australian-owned and operated telecommunications company was founded by NBN veterans, brothers Andrew and Richard Branson. Their head office is in South Melbourne, with operations in Geelong and Mudgee.
They offer a huge range of services, from residential NBN plans to business-grade ethernet services to SIM-only plans and everything in between. With all these deals on offer, they’ve named themselves “Australia’s juiciest internet and mobile service provider.”
Tangerine knows you can’t do it alone, and they’ve partnered with some key organisations to deliver great value NBN while giving back to the community.
- Greenfleet – through this climate action group, Tangerine works hard to remain a carbon-neutral workforce by offsetting emissions through native reforestation projects.
- Pancare Foundation – Tangerine proudly supports Pancare to help deliver better outcomes and support for people impacted by the pancreatic, liver, stomach, oesophageal and biliary cancer.
Why you should switch to Tangerine Telecom
We’ve got two great reasons you should choose a juicy NBN plan from Tangerine: award-winning NBN plans and outstanding customer service!
The industry choice for NBN
Since it opened their doors, Tangerine has been getting noticed by the industry for its NBN products and services. A few of the recent highlights include:
- NBN Provider of the Year – Mozo Experts Choice Awards
- Best Unlimited NBN Provider – WhistleOut Awards
- Best Premium NBN Provider – WhistleOut Awards
- Best Fixed Wireless NBN Provider – WhistleOut Awards
- Best Unlimited NBN Provider – WhistleOut Awards
There’s far more than your standard call-centre options when you need to talk to someone at Tangerine.
- My Account – manage your plan, submit a billing enquiry, or contact the technical support team online at any time of the day.
- Call customer service between 8.30 am and 7 pm on weekdays and 9 pm and 6 pm on Saturdays.
- Call technical support between 8 am and 10 pm on weekdays and 8 am and 8 pm on weekends.
- Use Live Chat.
- Use the Tangerine WhatsApp channel.
- Search in the comprehensive Help and FAQs section of the website.
It’s not just us that think Tangerine has excellent customer support – take a look at all the glowing customer reviews here.
Tangerine’s juicy NBN Plans
When you sign up to Tangerine, no matter which NBN plan you choose, you will enjoy:
- Unlimited Data
- 14-Day NBN Trial
- No Lock-In Contract
- $0 set up fee
Talk to an expert at Move-In Connect to find the best value plan for your home when moving NBN. Some of our favourites are in the table below.
|NBN plans: compare
|Typical Evening^ Speed (Mbps)
|Cost per month*
|Promo cost per month for first 6 months
|Standard Speed NBN
|XL Speed Boost NBN
|XXL Speed Boost NBN
|XXXL Speed Boost NBN
|500/50 Speed Boost NBN
*If you are connecting NBN to a property for the first time, you may have to pay a one-off New Development Charge. This is a government charge of $300 for connections to new developments and greenfield sites. Tangerine discounts the charge for their customers to $275.
^The speed you can reach depends on the type of access technology you have at your new property as well as other factors such as network congestion, the quality of your equipment and your signal reception strength.
Your Move-In Connect expert will advise you which NBN connection type you have. You can read about the different types of NBN connections here.
If you have fibre-to-the-curb (FTTC) or fibre-to-the-node (FTTN), you may be eligible for an upgrade to a fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) connection through the NBN Fibre Connect Program. This government program will see approximately two million FTTN and FTTC connections upgraded to FTTP, giving access to higher speeds and less congestion.
With Tangerine’s Fresh Fibre, eligible FTTC and FTTN customers will receive a free upgrade to FTTP when they choose an included plan. Read more about it here.
Bundle a modem
Tangerine offers a Google Nest or Netcomm modem as an add-on to your plan, to make sure your NBN connection is optimized and working well. You also have the choice to BYO modem if you already have a model that can handle the speeds for your new plan.
Talk to your Move-In Connect expert to discover the best modem option for you.
Bundle a mobile plan
To complete your telecommunications needs, you can bundle a mobile and/or home phone plan, so you can enjoy the convenience of a single bill and great rates!
The Tangerine mobile network runs through the Telstra network to deliver national coverage, with 4G reaching more than 98.8% of the population and 5G plans reaching at least 75% of the population.
Every Tangerine SIM plan includes:
- A 500GB Databank
- Unlimited National Standard Calls and SMS
- 10,000 MMS messages each month
- No Lock-In Contract
- Calls to the Top 15 Countries
- Travel Packs available
You can choose to bundle your plan or buy it as a standalone product. Compare mobile phone plans in the table below.
Cost per month*
*Prices correct in November 2022
Choosing a Tangerine home phone add-on is simple. For the great rate of $10 per month, you receive line rental and unlimited local, national and mobile calls. Just let your Move-In Connect expert know if you would like to include this option with your Tangerine NBN plan.
Move broadband to a juicy new deal
Move-In Connect makes it so easy to switch to Tangerine when moving home or even if you’re just looking for a better deal for your current house. To get started, call 1300 786 045 or enter your details online.
How do I sign up?
It will only take a few minutes for one of our team to sign you up for a Tangerine plan and arrange your new connection.
When you talk to an expert, we will take you through these steps.
- Check the NBN connection type at your new home, and let you know if you are eligible for a Fresh Fibre upgrade to FTTP.
- Compare NBN plans to find the best speed for your budget.
- Choose a modem, mobile and home phone add-on (if required)
- Setup a Tangerine account with these details:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Driver’s license (or alternative identification document)
- Date of birth
- 2 x security secret questions
- Choose an NBN connection date to make sure you’re up and running for moving day.
- Confirmation – we will provide you with an account number and transaction ID and you will receive an email confirmation from Tangerine detailing the next steps for your new NBN connection.
Make your move the easiest one yet
Our moving utilities services can connect you to Australia’s leading energy and telecommunications providers when you move house. We will find you the cheapest deals and make all the arrangements for you, to save you time and money.
If you are moving to a deregulated energy market, we can compare electricity rates to find you the cheapest deal from our panel of preferred providers. We can compare energy in Victoria, New South Wales, South-East Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT.
Our partners for energy include:
- Tango Energy
- Blue NRG
- Energy Locals
In the same easy phone call we can find internet and Pay TV Australia plans that are a perfect match for your needs. Our panel of telecommunications providers include:
- More Telecom
- Aussie Broadband
Take the stress out of your next move, call Move-In Connect to compare and connect electricity and gas, internet and Pay TV Australia. Call 1300 786 045 or enter your details online to get started today.